Every now and then I get a hankering for a sweet treat! You know, the kind that satisfies a sweet tooth without leaving you feeling like you over-indulged? And it’s even more of a win when I have everything I need on hand to whip up something delicious. That’s why these whole-wheat banana chocolate chip mini muffins are my go to. I promise that you will enjoy them too!
This recipe was initially intended as a yummy bread, but I easily changed it to a mini muffin recipe. The good thing about mini muffins is that all you need is 1-2 to satisfy that sweet craving. These whole-wheat banana chocolate chip mini muffins make the perfect after school snack or breakfast on the go.
The whole wheat flour and the oats provide a more dense consistency so with a few mini muffins I can stay full a little longer. In other words, no sugar crash!!
Most of these ingredients you will already have on hand! That is the best part of these little cuties!
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, oil and brown sugar. Using a hand mixer, blend on medium speed until bananas are mashed but not creamy.
In the same bowl, add the flour, oats, and baking soda. Beat until dry ingredients are all mixed in. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour the muffin batter into a greased mini muffin tin, about 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes. Poke a toothpick through the top center of one or two of the muffins to make sure they are fully cooked.
Cool mini muffins on a wire rack. This batch yielded about 22 mini muffins. Enjoy your muffins with a cup of coffee in the morning, or enjoy them in the evening with a cup of herbal tea. Happy baking!
PIN FOR LATER
Whole-Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, oil and brown sugar. Blend with a hand mixer until bananas are mashed (but not creamy).
- To the mixing bowl, add flour, oats and baking soda. Beat until dry ingredients are mixed in. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into mini muffin tin, about 2/3 filled. Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yields 22 mini muffins